[Juan Carlos Escotet Rodríguez]: Learn How to Be Safe while Online Banking
As you probably have known, it can be possible to be victim of a bank fraud in many different ways: after a robbery, a criminal can falsify your signature and use your checkbook easily, your debit card can even be used in an ATM before you can block your card or, what is even more dangerous and extremely common, is to be victim of fraud by online banking transactions. Today, [Juan Carlos Escotet Rodríguez] and Banesco, always taking care of their clients, will talk a little bit about this way of cybercrime for you to be protected and alert if this happens to you some day. Keep reading and learn how to be safe while online banking.
Know the context
Some banking institutions dedicate huge part of their time to maintain and update their security systems for their clients to have the minimum risk of falling victim of a hacking attack. Nevertheless, criminals are everyday more and more smart to direct their efforts to particular clients of these online services with the objective of having their personal information and data.
However, representatives in many well-known institutions such as Enfoque Seguro, PCMag or U.S. News are always working hard to help the people in developing different ways to make them feel safer. Some of their recommendations and tips to protect your bank account are:
- Do not use the same password for online banking transactions in other less secure sites.
- Download and install the latest security updates for your operating system.
- Do not brag about the movements of the money you have made through accounts. That could attract the attention of possible criminals.
- Configure your security preferences.
Do not access the pages of banks by using the web browsers because they can take the client to fake and fraudulent pages. It is recommendable to learn the web address of your bank and write it down directly in the URL space.
- Try to use a strong password by avoiding compose it with your date of birth, ID number, letters of your full name, etc.
- Once you have logged into your online banking account, do not leave your computer. When finished operating, exit the app and close the session window.