IMPORTANT! Juan Carlos Escotet: The Best Banking Suggestions
As said in previous posts, you know that it can be possible to be victim of a bank fraud in many different ways. Because Juan Carlos Escotet, leader of Banesco Banco Universal, cares about the clients of the bank, he has brought today important information about the different tips to be protected against the different ways of cybercrime for you to be always protected and alert if this happens to you some day. Keep reading and learn how to be safe while online banking and other banking transactions.
Some of the recommendations and tips to protect your bank account are:
- Do not brag about the movements of the money you have made through accounts. That could attract the attention of possible criminals.
- Configure your security preferences.
- Never trust in emails, phone calls or web sites that ask you to enter or check private data. No financial institution requests such information. Before doing something and if you doubt, it is a good idea to go to the bank and ask for advice.
- As told before, your PIN is a password, not a passing word. For this reason, keeping it secret is crucial to protect your debit card and your money. No matter the case you are using your debit card, make sure you are the only person who knows it.
- It’s good to know that there is no foolproof way to prevent all instances of credit card fraud and theft; however, you have the responsibility of adopting a few best practices that can help you to reduce your risk.
- Do not use the same password for online banking transactions in other less secure sites.
- Download and install the latest security updates for your operating system.
- Do not access the pages of banks by using the web browsers because they can take the client to fake and fraudulent pages. It is recommendable to learn the web address of your bank and write it down directly in the URL space.